Where Is The Friend’s Home?

“Where Is The Friend’s Home?”- It’s an Iranian film that depicts a simple account of a hardworking schoolboy’s quest to return his friend’s notebook for avoiding him to be punished by his teacher next day. The boy hunts down the entire village in search of his friend throughout a day. Why I am writing this today is because it took me back to my school days. I realized while watching this movie that I forgot to cherish the memories that made my childhood a bit thrilling and adventurous. This part of my childhood kept me walking most of the time.


When I was just a schoolboy, my friend and me were fond of wondering in the neighboring areas of our homes and school. Be it vacations or exams we always continued finding new ways for different play destinations- gardens, play grounds, play stations, game zones, and off course, a friend’s home. It was an adventurous task we used to do regularly- visiting any friend’s home (obviously, at distant place!) without telling him in advance that we would be coming to meet him. That was the core part of that stupid activity. Finding us at door step unexpectedly our Friend had to be shocked and overwhelmed.

Now days, we don’t hunt for a friend’s home because either we’ve got full address or they don’t stay in the city we live.  We don’t surprize them by suddenly dropping there suddenly because our message makes buzz before we ring the doorbell. Things have changed drastically, not slowly and gradually. We all did many crazy things like this in our childhood, and have stopped doing after we are out of school. Neither are we expected to do. Children do what they want; and when they are grownups they do what they are expected to do.

We were child, and now responsible people. This doesn’t make us forget the full of happening childhood that taught us by taking every day as a new adventure. We don’t need to be childlike, but what’s more necessary is to cherish that childhood to keep us young at heart, to keep us walking from one destination to another, and to keep us surprizing everyone around us.

Let’s walk! 


3 comments: